According to the notification issued, FBR has transferred its 23 officers of BS 20 and BS 21. Muhammad Anees (Pakistan Customs Service/BS21) is transferred and posted as Member enforcement FBR headquarter from Member taxpayers Audit wing FBR headquarter.
Ansar Javed (Inland Revenue Services/BS-21) is transferred and posted as Chief Commissioner Inland Revenue, Large Taxpayers Unit Lahore from Director General, Directorate General of Intelligence and Investigation (Inland Revenue), Islamabad. Meanwhile, Shahid Nasim (Inland Revenue Services/BS-21) is transferred and posted as Director General (Special Initiative, FBR headquarter) from Director General (withholding tax wing) FBR headquarter.
The notification further stated that Yasmin Saud (Inland Revenue Serivces/BS-21) is posted as Chief Commissioners Inland Revenue, Regional Tax Office Karachi. Similarly, other 19 officers were also transferred on Friday.
According to many experts – this change was already anticipated as newly appointed chairman was likely to bring with him his own tax team. It is worth mentioning here that National Accountability Bureau (NAB) is planning to put the name of former FBR Chief on Exit Control List.
- Tax Evasion Scandal: NAB is Planning to Put Former FBR Chief on Exit Control List
- New Scheme for Affluent Tax Evaders: FBR
- Cellular Companies Found Guilty of PKR 4,700 Crore Tax Evasion
- ICAP Indication Problems with Sales Tax Mechanism
- Tax Evasion Case: PTA Directed to Ban Tax Evading Telecom Companies from 3G Auction