Habib Bank Limited, a part of Aga Khan Foundation, has claimed to become the first bank to cross the 1 Trillion Rupees figure in deposits.
Habib Bank announced financial results for the half year ended 30 June 2012 in a meeting of the board of directors held on August 10, 2012. After Tax Profit grew by 18.58% to Rs.11.86 billion while Earning Per Share stood at Rs9.68 as against Rs.9.00 for the corresponding period last year. The Bank declared interim cash dividend of Rs.3.50 per share.
The bank’s domestic deposits have seen a surge of about 18.6% by the year end.
The bank remains committed to serving all sectors of the economy. It continues to enhance its outreach in rural and remote areas of Pakistan and provide convenient banking services to the unbanked segment of the population.
- Mansha’s MCB Bank Made Rs 1,100 Crore in Six Months of 2012
- Habib Bank Posted PKR 2,226 Crore Profit
- Silk Bank Posted Poor Results
- NIB Bank in a Free Fall – Reported Losses of PKR 43 Crore
- PSO Crosses 1 Trillion of Revenues