According to an official notice sent to Karachi Stock Exchange, the board of directors of Habib Bank has appointed Mr Nauman K. Dar as the new CEO and President of Bank, who will be taking over the retiring president Mr Zakir Mehmood, in September 2012.
Highly reliable source confided and tipped this news to EconomyAge two months ago and many industry experts were skeptic at that time.
The retiring president Mr Zakir Mehmood served Habib Bank for 12 years and were recognized by the board of directors as an invaluable asset. The Chairman, Mr Sultan Ali Sullana, applauded Mr Mehmood’s leadership and exemplary dedication in the evolution and re-positioning of the bank since 2000, which has resulted in HBL becoming the leading bank in Pakistan.
‘The new CEO of Habib Bank, Naumna K. Dar, has been a career banker and brings with him a wealth of 30 years of banking experience’, read the press release issued by Habib Bank.
Before becoming CEO and President, Mr Dar was head of Habib Bank’s Corporate and Investment Bank. Although, Dar’s appointed is subject to regulatory approval.
- Habib Bank is Likely To Change its Boss as President Zakir Mehmood Wants to Quit His Job After 12-Year Service
- New Challenge: Asif Jooma Appointed as CEO of ICI Pakistan
- Habib Bank is Making Rs 200 Crore Per Month in 2012
- Asad Umar, President Engro Corporation Takes Early Retirement
- NBP Ranked as the ‘Top Bank in Pakistan’