Former President of fertiliser-to-food conglomerate, Engro Corporation’s Asad Umar, who resigned two days ago has joined the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI). He announced his decision during a press conference flanked by PTI Chairman Imran Khan this evening.
Asad had taken early retirement on Monday after more than 27 years with Engro.
A graduate of IBA of the batch of 1984, Asad joined Exxon Chemical Pakistan in February 1985 and rose to the rank of President and CEO of Engro in 2004. Umar had dramatically transformed a chemical company into a major Pakistani conglomerate.
PTI which recently announced to start country-wide protest against power tariffs might find it helpful since Asad Umar will be responsible for PTI’s Fiscal Policy and Poverty Alleviation.
- Asad Umar, President Engro Corporation Takes Early Retirement
- Exclusive: Khalid Mansoor, Engro Fertilizer’s CEO also left Engro Corporation
- Dramatic Situation: Aliuddin Ansari becomes new CEO of Engro Corporation
- Engro Corporation in Great Trouble. From Internal Rifts to Legal Battle With the Ministry
- Mayday Mayday: ICMAP Held a Post Budget Seminar