Bata Pakistan Ltd, the country’s largest shoe maker, reported a profit of Rs 17 Crore in first three months of financial year 2012, on revenues of Rs 250 Crore.
Sales revenues increase by almost 25% from the same period last year from Rs 2 billion. The increase in profitability results from control on cost of sales of shoe manufacturing which result in a gross profit of Rs 90 Crore.
It would be interesting to note that Bata Pakistan posts depressing results last year in terms of performance as it witnessed 14pct decline in its Net Profit after Taxation Rs 75 Crore.
Other income falls to Rs 80 Lac from Rs 2 crore in same quarter of year 2011. Although company manages to decrease its interest cost which stood at Rs 1 Crore 10 Lac for first three months of 2012.
The footwear industry has recently become very competitive market where especially the imported brands are giving tough competition to the local giants like BATA.
- Attock Petroleum Profits Spills a little in First Quarter
- National Foods Riding on a Bull
- Despite Pressures – Fatima Fertilizers Posted a Profit of Rs 259 Crore
- Smoking, bad for Health, Good for Business. Pakistan Tobacco Made Rs 37 Crore in three Months
- MCB Bank Rocked the first Quarter of 2013 with 867 Crore