Meezan Bank, which was awarded the best Islamic bank in Pakistan in 2011, is now planning to provide consumer finance to DELL brand of laptops.
After the announcement of bank’s plan to start 25 new branches in March, Meezan Bank has now joined hands with M/s Unique Technologies for financing of Dell Laptops.
A statement here on Monday said that this will be through Meezan Bank’s Laptop financing product- Laptop Ease.
It said that in this regard an MOU was signed by Arif ul Islam, COO of Meezan Bank and Asif Bukhari, CEO of Unique Technology here at Meezan Bank Head Office.
Shahzad Aslam Khan, Country Head Dell and Naveed Siraj, Country Head Intel was also present on the occasion.
The statement pointed out that Laptop Ease is a Riba Free financing product based on the concept of `Musawamah’ whereby Meezan Bank provides financing for purchase of laptops at easy instalments payable over 3 to 24 months.
After signing of this agreement, Meezan Bank will also provide financing for Dell laptops.
Muhammad Raza, Head of Consumer Banking and Marketing at Meezan Bank said that the Laptop Ease product was launched in April last year.
It should be noted that last year Meezan Bank signed similar agreement with M/s New Horizon but not particular for any brand.
- Meezan bank to Provide Laptop Financing to Students and Teachers of Karachi University
- Meezan Bank to Contribute its Research to JIBF
- Meezan Bank Join Hands with Pak Suzuki to Provide Car Ijarah on Lower monthly rental
- Meezan Bank Conducts Training for Sri Lankan Bankers on Islamic Banking
- Meezan Bank to Earn Shariah-Complaint Profit on US Dollars