In an attempt to counter budget deficits, FBR decided to bring all cement manufacturers involved in production of ‘ready mix concrete blocks’ and ‘ready mix concrete’ into sales tax net.
According to the market sources, FBR has issued instructions to the Chief Commissioners of Regional Tax Offices (RTOs) to bring manufacturers of ‘Building blocks of cement including ready mix concrete blocks’ and ‘ready mix concrete’ within the sales tax regime.
According to a local builder, this move might increase construction cost. This might result in low economic activity in construction business and will be another blow to the already surviving industry.
It would be interesting to note that Prior to June 4, 2011, ‘ready mix concrete blocks’ were exempt from sales tax under S.No.35 of Table-I of Sixth Schedule of the Sales Tax Act, 1990.
- Quality Check: Lucky Cement fails in South Africa
- Lucky Cement Gets Extremely Lucky. Double Profits Posted
- Lucky Enough Already: Lucky Cement Posted 700 Crore Profit
- Suzuki in High Gears: Recorded Rs 79 Crore in Profits
- UniLever and Dawood Leaving Out from KSE 30 Index